22 June 2012

Sunway A-Level student to pursue dentistry dream

“My heart is with Sunway,” said Lew Ken Jean recently when he came home to visit his teachers and friends once more before leaving for Hong Kong University to pursue his dream in Dentistry.” I have learned so much throughout my experience here and have opened my heart to good friends and teachers who have made my experience so much more memorable,” he shared.

Lew Ken Jean recommends the Sunway A-Level programme to students looking for a good foundation programme.

The 20- year old lad from Seremban has been determined to pursue a profession in Dentistry the moment he was attached to a dental clinic during his teenage years. “What I observed was a positive doctor-patient relationship. This intrigued me and that was when I decided to be a dentist. It captivates me how optimistic the life of a dentist is,” Lew said.

Lew attributes his good foundation to the Sunway A-Level programme. He said, “The programme emphasises a strong background in Biology which is useful to me. It has enabled my learning process now to be more comprehensive as I am familiar with the terms. I also owe it to my dedicated lecturers from the A-level programme who have never failed me in answering my questions no matter when.” He singled out Mr Chong Kok Foo, Ms Irma Mr Leonard and Mr Lee Lip Seong who consistently motivated him and were willing to guide him in various aspects throughout his study period in Sunway. “Mr Lee Lip Seong also went out of his way to give extra classes to students who are willing to learn and attend,” shared Lew. He said, “As a student at Sunway, I am grateful to have been able to meet these teachers whose teaching have been an asset in my life.”

Oh Yue Jin and Fiona Tay Ting Nuan who recently graduated from the Sunway A-Level programme will be heading to Oxford University to study Biological Sciences and Mathematics respectively. Their course mates, Ng Zhu Shen will be heading to Cambridge University to study Engineering while Timothy Goh will be heading to University of Pennsylvania to pursue his undergraduate studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment